I hope 2014 is treating you okay so far.
A new year means new opportunties to reap the spoils of victory. Well, the most we can offer you is bragging rights--in the form of a gold, silver or bronze medal in our Fifth Annual BevStar Awards.
We've made a few tweaks this year to the competition that recognizes innovation across all major categories of liquid refreshment and beverage alcohol.
This isn't a traditional contest where the judges taste and grade. While the tasting is a key component of our judging criteria, we also select the winners based on innovation in ingredients, packaging design, market positioning and the overall value proposition the product represents.
We'll be selecting winners in categories we always have, with a few tweaks here and there. (The quality and quantity of entries we've received in the past guides us in fine tuning those categories.)
Those categories include:
• Carbonated Soft Drinks
• Bottled Water (including enhanced/value-added water)
• Energy & Functional Beverages (or "New Age," if you will, though the segments aren't so new anymore)
• Hard Cider (This exploding segment gets its own category this year)
• Wine, Sake, Mead & Alternative Alcohol Beverages (FMBs and flavored alcohol beverages also fit in here)
• Ready-to-Drink Tea & Coffee
• Juice & Juice Drinks
You can enter as many products as you like, as long as they were introduced to the market between June 1, 2012 and March 1, 2014.
To enter, please e-mail the following to email@example.com:
1. Product Name
2. Parent Company
3. Contact Information
4. High-Resolution Product Image
5. A BRIEF description of the product and why you think it should win (maximum: 75 words)
6. Names of any packaging/labeling design, branding, ingredient and closure companies that played a role in helping to create the brand (very important).
If your entry qualifies, you'll receive an e-mail detailing where to ship a product sample.
If you make it to the product sample phase of the competition, I'd like to request that for the sake of the environment, tidiness and (mostly) sanity, please do not use foam packing peanuts when shipping your beverages.
The final deadline is March 1.