Mountain Dew today announced that its partnership with Warner Bros.’ and Legendary Pictures’ summer blockbuster “The Dark Knight Rises,” which opens in theaters on July 20, is extending beyond the United States and will engage Dew and Dark Knight fans in nearly 20 countries across the Americas, Europe, Asia and the Middle East this summer as part of Mountain Dew’s first-ever global campaign.
“Dew fans in the U.S. and around the world have incredible passion for the Dark Knight franchise. With Dew’s first-ever global campaign we are giving fans the exclusive opportunity to experience Gotham City like never before,” said Brad Jakeman, president, Global Beverages Group, PepsiCo. “Mountain Dew is a tremendously successful brand, and we are excited about continuing to find unique and authentic ways to connect with DEW fans and fuel the growth of the brand around the world.”
Promotions in all participating markets will invite eager fans to “Go Inside Gotham City.” Program activations will vary by market, enabling Dew fans to experience “The Dark Knight Rises” campaign in a variety of ways, including for example:
- A new limited-time-only flavor, Mtn Dew Dark Berry, inspired by "The Dark Knight Rises"
- More than 800 million bottles and cans featuring on-pack campaign graphics
- In-store point-of-purchase retail displays in retailers
- Robust TV, cinema, radio and digital advertising will drive mass campaign awareness
- Digital access to exclusive, never-before-seen Dark Knight movie content
- Consumer engagement programs offering fans opportunities to collect gear and win prizes.